The Division of School Improvement is charged with gathering stakeholders to develop a five year district strategic plan.
In the Spring of 2008, teachers, administrators, parents, students and community and business leaders met to study 21st century teaching and learning,examine district data and formulate the plan. The purpose of the strategic plan is to clearly articulate the district’s beliefs, mission and goals to assure the district’s energy and resources are focused on improving outcomes for all students.
Cabell County Schools is a 21st Century learning community dedicated to the success of every student.
We believe that...
- a safe, nurturing and inviting environment is conducive to learning.
- to be effective in a global society, everyone must understand and respect individuals and cultures.
- with high expectations, quality services and support, ALL students will have the opportunity to achieve.
- through rigorous, relevant instruction and meaningful relationships, teachers will actively engage and motivate students.
- students share responsibility for their learning.
- 21st Century technology integration is essential to teaching and learning.
- learning is enhanced when school, family, and community establish relationships, share resources and support mutual goals.
- open and honest communication builds supportive relationships that strengthen our school system.
Goals & Objectives
Goal 1: All students will be engaged in rigorous curriculum and instruction, reaching mastery and above in reading/language arts, mathematics, science and social studies.
Goal 2: All students will be engaged in relevant curriculum, instruction and assessment to prepare them to graduate with their assigned class and pursue post-secondary employment or education.
Goal 3: School, family and community will work together to assure all students have the necessary support to maximize school success.As approved by the Strategic Planning Committee
April 21, 2008